Ibra College of Technology is one of the established technical Colleges in the Sultanate of Oman that is being governed by the Ministry of Manpower since 2001.
The idea to improve College of Technology to Higher College of Technology is through the help of the Academic committee who worked and developed a new B.Tech program which was first offered in the 2003-2004 Academic Year.
The College believed that all individuals, regardless of economic or social status, are entitled to be treated with dignity and respect and should be provided with opportunities to develop their skills and benefit the welfare of society.
Both technological and general education are essential parts of the Ibra College Technological curriculum, enabling students to develop self-awareness and social responsibility necessary to successfully compete in their chosen occupational fields. The programs offered by the Ibra College of Technology are directed towards serving the needs of all individuals within the community, as well as the needs of the community as a whole.
- From 1982-1993, the college operated as Vocational Training Institute offering programs in Vocational Training.
- From 1993-2001, it was known as Ibra Technical Industrial College offering programs in Arabic Program in 1993-1995, and GNVQ Program in 1995-2001.
- From 2001, the college has been upgraded and called Ibra College of Technology offering porgrams in OND in 2001-2003 and the New Program in 2003-2004 onwards.
- From 1982-1997, the college was under the Vocational Training Authority.
- Until 2001, the college was under the Ministry of Social Affairs for Labour and Vocational Training.
- From 2001 onwards, the college has been under the Ministry of Manpower (MoMP).